Thursday, June 18, 2009

To add to that...

***One of my gracious first readers just made a valid point: In the previous posting I never mentioned why I liked "The Time Traveler's Wife" so much. I guess that would be appropriate seeing as I am demanding everyone read it.

Simply put, the book is incredibly romantic with a unique and engrossing story line. I was hooked from the first page. Even though it is about a man that time travels, it is not fanciful. It is mysterious, thought provoking and beautiful and you cannot help but fall in love with the characters, Henry and Clare. I can't explain much more than that, I liked it in every way.

A clue to help you follow along with the time traveling story line: When, lets say, 38 year old Henry travels to the past to when he would be 18, he does not appear in the past as an 18 year old, as happens in Zac Effron's movie, "17 again." He remains the age he time traveled from and can even have conversations with his 18 year old self. Trust me, that will help. Don't get too caught up trying to understand everything about the time traveling, some things, like non-existent time travel, just can't be understood completely - but still well appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment