Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Modern Thank You Card


I just added a new song to my playlist. Actually, it's an old song that I used to love. Something reminded me of it recently and I couldn't wait to hear it again. It is Little Star by Stina Nordenstam. You may recognize it from the movie Romeo & Juliet. Back when the movie came out I would listen to this song and imagine what my first kiss would be like with Leonardo DiCaprio. Surprisingly, that is not what drew me to it this time. Simply put, it's just so darn pretty.

Speaking of lovely music, I had a birthday recently and decided that I would forego the sentimental homemade Thank You card for a modern upgrade: a mixed CD. I wrote little messages on the disc and will wrap each with a pretty ribbon. I think it gives an otherwise predictable Thank You letter a little flair and something to give back. Oh how creatively ingenious of me, brag, brag, brag! Pardon me, I'm a bit excited about it. The truth is, I have been very lazy about reading and writing lately but have devoted much appreciation and dwindling of time to music and longed to share my favorite songs. Some might even say I force my music upon others... but I don't feel that's accurate.

I will have to try and pick up a book or back of a cereal box or something this week to help with inspiration; I'm afraid, though, my grammar has fallen beyond repair.

Time for bed! Today at work I came dangerously close to drooling on my keyboard and succumbing to the ever-threatening hunchback, due to lack of sleep. I'm hoping tomorrow our bookkeeper will give my fresh face a sweet complement rather than a concerned, "you look tired..."  Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. oooh, i see my name on one of those CD's! Can't wait to get it!!!

    ReplyDelete