Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So I'm one of those girls.... oh.


I never thought I'd say this but, being in a relationship has made me realize that I, in fact, am... needy. I never imagined, okay, well, I kind of suspected, but hoped I would never succumb to the whiny and pathetic habits of one of those girls. But here I am arguing with my dude because he's been too busy painting his apartment for the past what feels like forever to be spending time with me! Boo! Even as the words escape my mouth I know I'm not being fair, but I just can't get over it. Yes, I know we'll spend time together soon, but that doesn't cut it. The quota on hang out time zeros out at the start of each week! (Clearly I sound crazy.) So we discuss it, he's very sweet yet rational, I reluctantly agree and then I realize I still feel dissatisfied and reinstate my original argument. He lets out an aggrivated sigh and now I'm sure he's going to dump me. I am doing what guys hate, I tell myself, even I hate it! But it's no use, Needy girl is behind the wheel and there's no telling how far she'll go to have her needs met. Lets just hope my man sticks around long enough for me to Buck Up!

2 comments:

  1. oh shannel, i feel your pain (well not REALLY b/c i am chronically, pathetically, single), but i can imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand! I'm embarrassed to admit that, I too, have shame-facedly sat by the phone in hopes that it will ring with good news....

    ReplyDelete